8.22.2010

Purplelicious

Top-Dillards, Jeans-Target, all jewelry inherited/gifted 

.
While on Facebook yesterday I ran across an article from InStyle Magazine about Fall Must-Haves, and after spending 30 minutes skimming through others I finally stopped at the "How to Wear Fall's Hottest Colors".  I was ecstatic to see bright, vibrant colors you'd find in the summer rather than a drab and dark color palette.  Purple is one of my favorite colors, and seeing it for fall/winter brings a sense of boldness, and confidence to the season.  So I had to break out my purple bow/peep-hole top to show off since it is one of my favorite pieces.

Yay for bows, and shiny necklaces!


The ring on my middle finger was one of the things I inherited from my grandmother.  I'm not sure if it's real or simulated opal, but it's a piece very dear to my heart.  The other I found at work that hadn't been claimed in the lost & found lol.


Handbag from NY&Co. that I got for less than $10!


After doing some browsing I put together this collage of some of the new trends for fall. The Philip Lim dress has been a hit with the fashion world, and I'm sure there will be lower priced substitutes in retailers.  I'm excited to see what other styles will incorporate the purple trend.  I've already gotten a sneak peak at work with more Fall/Holiday items coming in.  There is a purple Hermes-style croc handbag that arrived this week, and of course, I fell in love.  I will try and snag a pic to show you guys before it's debut. :)

Philip Lim dress, NY&Co. scarf, Necklace- Emitations.com, Handbag-Purse Boutique, Dip-Dye Tunic-NY&Co

What's your favorite color?  How do you feel about purple...love or hate it?  There are other color trends including cobalt blue, and gold/camel so trust me that the "Barney" look won't be walking around everywhere...just more stylish if done correctly.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend, and Happy Shopping!!