8.31.2010

Timeless American Essence


Nothing says American-prep style like a great plaid piece.  Something about plaid gives off this regal, high-class status (if done the right way).  I've always been a fan of Ralph Lauren Polo and its' success of prep essence, but not of their prices .  But plaid is definitely a classic look to truly embody American lifestyle.

I recently checked my new Twitter followers, and saw that Sarah Vickers from Kiel James Patrick was in the bunch.  I had no clue who or what she or KJP was so I became intrigued.  The minute the homepage loaded I became more interested in their products.  I don't know what I love more...the vibe of New England-American Prep in every piece or that each piece is handmade here in the U.S. (Rhode Island in fact...hence what is stitched on the inside tag) or that KJP started this business as a hobby in his high school days.  I give major kudos to those who start a business venture when it started as a hobby...everyone should have a job doing what they love.

I immediately made a mental wishlist, and this one, the Rockwell in Berkshires, I love the most.  I love me some colorful plaid patterns especially when it shows all the colors of the spectrum (especially pink).  And what I dig is that you can customize the button to any of the color choices available (my pick is Pearl).  

I appreciate anything that is handcrafted.  With all of the "blood, sweat, and tears" along with the love and determination to make a dream a reality or how fate brings one to stumble upon an opportunity is one of life's greatest joys.  I am very artsy person, and support anything that is handmade or original even if that means shelling out a few extra bucks..I think I may have to when it comes to KJP.

I'm so sorry I haven't written in a few days.  My hours at work have increased so my blogging time has decreased some. However I am some great news! I am so excited to share that I'll be doing my very first product review for The Unique Closet sometime later this week!  Stay tuned, and Happy Shopping!