9.22.2010

Bring On the Cold


One of the reasons I love my job is I'm the first to see new products, and this pretty little thing immediately grabbed my attention. I could probably lose my job posting these pics, but I couldn't wait to share this with you all! I have an infatuation with peacoats, and I'm always on the hunt to find the perfect one. I had purchased one a few years ago, and due to my recent weight loss the damn thing swallows me whole pretty much.  I must say for the price that it is ($130) I'd hold off, but knowing how fast these jackets sell out at our store I may have to give in, and purchase it before I lose it from the chance of waiting for it to go on sale or my size be sold out.  Luckily I do have a modest discount so maybe the damage won't be so bad.



I think the collar is stunning.  How it's layered is beautiful, and feminine.



You may not be able to tell, but only the right side of the double-breast is the one that buttons.  Don't get me wrong buttons are cool, but they can be a pain when there's twice as many.  At least the buttons are pretty.



Can you tell I'm happy customer??  I had to snap this real quick before my boss caught me.  I really wish I could have gotten a better picture of its' shape, but it gives the illusion of an hourglass figure which is key when it comes to bulky items like a jacket.  Nothing is worse than a shapeless jacket that makes you look as if you're wearing a potato sack.  And don't mind my hair...it  pretty much is unruly 24/7, and does what it wants.



On top of adding a new jacket, I analyzed my shoe collection (or lack thereof), and saw I have NO boots.  Yes that's right...I do NOT own a pair of boots.  I'm not terribly comfortable walking in heels, but know that boots are a vital part in a winter wardrobe.  My first thought was to find a pair in brown which in unlikely for me, and after some searching I came across these from Payless.  They don't come in brown which is okay...I can actually wear these day to night.  All of the customer reviews said they're great, and for the price ($40) I think I'll give them a try.

So what are you wanting to add to your winter wardrobe?  Leave a comment below! 

Happy Shopping!