9.02.2010

Uniquely Me

Tunic c/o The Unique Closet, Leggings, Shoes, Cuff-NY&Co., Necklaces-Avon & American Eagle

Now that September is here (finally!) I can break out, and search for some new Fall-appropriate items like this tunic from The Unique Closet.  As soon as I spotted this tunic on the website I had to have it. I've always admired the tunic look, and its' diversity yet was too shy to try it. I've never owned one just because I'm only a staggering 5'2", and longer tops seem to make me look shorter.  Thankfully I have my trusty wedge sandals to boost me up a few inches ;).  I tried it on, and was surprised that it wasn't long, and the fashion gods approved!  Yay for first-time tunic success!!



 Very lightweight and airy so another thumbs up!  It's perfect for those pre-fall days when it can be tricky on what to wear.  And yes I did the most fashion cliche ever by pairing it with leggings, but I couldn't resist.  On my to-get list for today's shopping trip I made a point to snatch up some full-length leggings just to wear with the tunic.  Plus they make great lounge-pants too :)


I really like the pink effect from the lens/sunlight...I love pink!!

The military look has been all over the fashion scene lately, and now I can rock it too. The little ring details aren't overbearing, but is just enough to sass it up for a soft yet edgy look.  I'm a die-hard silver-wearer, and right off I wanted to break out the cuff and two of my fave long necklaces. The structure and shape of the top fits my shape well, and that the belt gives the illusion of a smaller waist which is a major plus in my book.  If it wasn't for the new dress code at work I'd totally wear this ensemble tomorrow, but unfortunately it won't happen...sigh :(.  That's okay...I'll save it for a night-out or as my birthday outfit :).

And I apologize for the tunic looking blue in the pics, but it's actually gray.  My camera is on its' deathbed, and I tried to do as much editing as my amateur self could, so the pics aren't that great, but I think I got the point across.  Can you tell I'm excited about this top?

If you get a chance please check out The Unique Closet!  They have some really cute and playful items for pretty reasonable prices!  I think I've become one of their newest fans!  I've already made a wishlist containing two dresses, and I'm anxiously awaiting their fall collection :)

Hope you all have a SAFE, but fun Labor Day weekend, and remember Happy Shopping!

P.S. Stay tuned for what I found on my shopping excursion today...got some good stuff for being on a budget ;)