11.22.2010

Prudent Ally the Designer!!

DVF-Inspired Dress

Easter Colors Dress

Full-Figure Fabulosity Dress
(Disregard the black specs...they were on the scanner glass, and I have no idea what it is)

Okay so for those of you who've asked repeatedly to show my own designs here you go!  Now please don't laugh at my drawing/sketching ability (or lack thereof).  I know I draw like a 5 year old, but at least I'm making the effort to get my ideas down on paper, and getting the point across.  I'm taking a big step by doing this b/c I am so protective of my intellectual property, and take a lot of pride in my work.

Obviously none of this stuff is couture...more like ready-to-wear but I draw when I get inspiration which comes from anything and everything.  I'll sketch complete outfits or fragments...sometimes doodle or colorblock a whole page just to see the finished product.  All of these designs are from a few months ago so disregard the notes.  I don't even know if the fabrics would be relevant or the actual notes I've written makes actual sense, but they do to me :)  Once I get some more courage I'll definitely post my earlier work.  Who knows maybe some designer will find this, and want to work w/ me...a girl can dream right?

I really do hope you all enjoy this post.  I've put a lot of effort and heart into my designs.  Unfortunately I haven't sketched (or written) in a while only b/c my life has been crazy hectic from the breakup and move.  And yes, TA and I did break up if I hadn't mentioned it...it's been hard, but I'm keeping busy to not think about things.  There's still hope, but for now I need to focus on myself and the things I love doing...like writing, and designing.  

If you have any suggestions, please comment below!  I'd really like to get your feedback on my designs!  Have a safe week, Happy Thanksgiving, and good luck if you venture out on Black Friday!  Happy Shopping!