11.27.2010

What Grinds My Gears


After venturing out into the cold yesterday morning for some Black Friday shopping, and working I have noticed a fashion epidemic that needs to addressed, and corrected IMMEDIATELY!  Everywhere I looked around I saw girls (and a few grown women) sport this ungodly look--Sport shirts/hoodies with neon sweatpants tucked in to Uggs topped off with a Pebbles-esque pontytail paired w/ a headband, and those ridiculous Silly Bandz bracelets.  Out of this whole atrocity of an outfit that ticks me off the most is the sweatpants w/ Uggs.

Whoever thought (And I'm pretty sure Marc Jacobs, and Karl Lagerfeld along w/ the rest of the respectable fashion community will agree) that this "look" is not fashionable and stylish should seriously look in the "What Not to Wear" mirror and do an evaluation.  Do you honestly think that this looks cute?  Why on Earth where there are endless fashionable options and opportunities you chose to walk out of the house like looking this?  I understand that it's early or you want to "fit in" w/ your clique of girls, but seriously think about it.  When people see you regardless if it's a nonchalant pass-through at the mall, or running errands, what you're wearing is the first impression you give others.  And you can't take those back.  What if you passed by your future-husband in that outfit?...do you think he'd do a double take of you looking like that?...probably not.


I have NEVER nor will I ever be caught dead in this look. You couldn't pay me enough...well maybe, but willingly no.   Even celebrities are fallen fashion victims to this look.  It's just appalling to me that this "look" has been copied millions of times over recently, and nothing is being done about it.  I'm begging you please don't let your friends dress like this, or in any other ridiculous outfit.  It's so not hott :-P.

Okay so enough ranting for me tonight.  I just had to get that off my chest lol.  I hope you guys had a good holiday (for those in the U.S.) and everyone else have a good end to your weekend!  Happy Shopping!

Did you have a ridiculous outfit that you wear?  Did you find any good shopping deals this weekend?  Please share!!