1.10.2011

Golden Closure



This was the scenery at my father's house this past weekend, and I must say it was absolutely beautiful.  By the way this isn't going to be your typical fashion-related post...more like a photo album from the past weekend!  I had to venture down to North Carolina one last time to retrieve the rest of my belongings from the house I shared w/ my ex for almost 3 years.  Needless to say it was heart-wrenching, but I did snap some posts (and new vintage jewelry from an old jewelry box) so I hope you all enjoy! 




The snowman my brother built...I think he looks quite catching 

Two gold necklaces I found in an old jewelry box...both received from my mother.  I've been on a gold kick lately, and had forgotten about these two gorgeous pieces that I had stashed away in my closet.  Needless to say I had to bring these back w/ me...they're too pretty to keep under wraps! 


The clock doesn't work anymore, but sometimes I wish time would stop for only a few

For it being 2:30 in the morning coffee was a must in this situation lol


The parking lot of the gas station the morning we left...yeah that's ice...


...And ice on the roads in the Tennessee/North Carolina mountains on the way back...yeah no fun indeed..

Cool shot of one of the tunnels...at least I think it's cool

Again, sorry for the lack of fashion in this post, but I decided to switch things up by posting a few snippets of my actually life outside of fashion.  (What?!?!  You have other things in your life besides fashion?!)  I know, I know shocking right?  I will say this weekend was quite humbling.  To walk back in to my old life was almost surreal, and it was hard to say goodbye to friends and "family" (especially my beloved puppy).  However this is what happened, and now the only thing I can do is to continue moving forward, and making positive changes in my life.  Have you ever gone through a bad breakup?  How did you deal?  How have you changed since?  Did you do any shopping to cope? (Lol)  

Happy Shopping!