2.26.2011

Pillow Talk





(All pillows from Target)

The weekend is here, and it's the end of February which only means one thing--It's moving time (again)!  My roomie, and I are moving in w/ her husband (long story as to why they're not living together right now) to his childhood home.  I'm ecstatic that instead of occupying the living room-turned-bedroom I have my own room w/ a door, AND I can decorate to ANY way I want!!  You seriously don't know how happy this makes me.  Thus I present you some decorative pillows that perfectly illustrate the color scheme I'm going for.  

This is my room pre-painting, and lack of decor obviously, but it's a start!

My plans as far as paint is pretty simple, but visually stimulating.  The wall behind the shelves will be a dark, burnt orange, and the remaining 3 walls will be a light tan.  I'm all about warm colors since Fall is my favorite season.  As much as I'm yearning for bright colors in my wardrobe, I'm staying close to my birthday month roots (October) with my living space.  Something about reds and oranges soothes me, and I can just revel back into some of my favorite memories which more often take place in the fall.  But on the downside I'm not allowed to paint the wood (which there is a lot of) so I have to work w/ what will look best, and also within my limitations and budget (duh!).

Sheets in the orange=fantastic (Wal-Mart)

Another pillow option, but it's almost too brown.  However the lightest shade is what the remaining 3 walls will be. (Wal-Mart)

I am on the hunt for some fabulous vases, or other decorative items that are multi-purpose i.e. conceal, organize, etc.  It'll be a work in progress, but I'm already excited about the choices I've picked out thus far.   I'm tempted to keep a record of how much I spend on designing this room.  Sounds like a challenge, but that is the purpose of why I have this blog in the first place--have style on a budget.  I think I just made up my mind lol. 

What do you think of my choices?  Any design suggestions?
Happy Saturday!!