7.17.2013

Space Saving Spirals

Living in a small apartment pretty much equals lack of storage space. Now add four people and two dogs, and the space is virtually non-existent. This is mostly my fault because it's my stuff that has taken up all of that precious space. I've had to get creative in ways to free up space, and and everyone have access to their stuff. 

We have a linen closet in the hallway but besides towels, and the like my holiday decor and tools have also made their home here. Don't worry the roommates have claimed their shelf space and its worked out well. The only thing that I was unhappy with was the dish towels and washcloths being in the way of the towels and falling off every time I needed a towel. Finally a lightbulb went off in my head, and off to Walmart I went.



I picked up this cute, dark grey canvas basket for around $8. They had plenty more in different sizes and colors, but I wanted something small enough to fit on the shelf since I can't change the levels of space between them. Instead of just flat folding all the hand towels and washcloths I rolled them up. That way I can see them and its a little more stylish. Obviously I have a TON of white, and I like the pops of colors from the other towels. And yes I'm a nerd for even writing a post about rolling up towels, but I'm hoping this helps whoever stumbles upon this. Sometimes it's the little things in life that makes us happy! :)