9.30.2013

It's Finally Fall!

Hey everyone!! I'm so excited that the weather has finally started to cooperate, and realize its Fall!! This is literally my favorite time of year. I know it's so cliche to say, but it's the truth. The vibrant colors of the leaves changing, the cool, crisp air, hoodies/sweaters, and most of all pumpkins!!! Plus being a marching band geek all of the contests happen this time of year, and it just takes me back to all those fun memories. And it also means my birthday isn't far away ;).

I've had a bit of a break from work, and decided to start decorating around the abode. I'm slowly working up my fall decor inventory, but I added in a few things I already had to give my place the warm, cozy touch I'm yearning for.

Years ago my grandparents purchased a checkers set from Cracker Barrel, and I've always loved the blanket board from it. It was just the perfect size to cover my side table in the living room, and I had bought this rustic pumpkin from Walmart a few years ago. This little nook makes me so happy!!



Don't mind my blue couch. It's being moved to the spare room once we have our new one lol. 

I don't know if it's just me, but what is it about pine cones that makes a room more home-y?  There's a few trees around the complex, and every time I take out our dog I keep noticing the lonesome cones just waiting to be rescued.  So finally I rescued two, and had the perfect (candle) jar to place them in:



Like my reads?  I'm fascinated with business/psychology/consumer behavior.  I've been giving some serious thought about going back to school to study this.  For now I'll continue to blog :)

Along with the cozy touches I brought out two other decor items that I posted about last year





Apparently I love orange for the fall. Guess that means my next shopping trip I need more than just orange items for fall haha.

Hope you enjoyed what I've done thus far.  During my decorating I came up with a simple DIY project for some more fall accents.  And you'll never guess what color I used?  Okay you probably can, but can you blame me?  IT'S FINALLY FALL!!!