4.16.2014

Trying to Contain Myself

Hey PSBA readers!!  Today's post is pretty much me reliving one of the most exciting shopping excursions I've had in a very long time.  I'm grinning like an idiot as I type this because it was just so. much. fun, and honestly it's kind of a big deal (to me at least).  Normally I don't get excited about shopping. I remind you I work at a mall so the experience of going to the mall and shopping isn't that exciting to me.  Unless it's like super-duper fancy, or it's on my must-go-to-list then I'd be excited.  Monday's trip one of my shopping dreams came true...

I went to THE CONTAINER STORE!!!!!

TA, and I had tickets to see a Pirates/Reds game for a night game, and he had promised me that we'd go.  Trust me I held him to it. I even threatened if we didn't go I'd walk home...I kid, I kid...maybe.  But really it was THAT serious.  After seeing some of my fave bloggers use their items in their beautifully, organized homes, and loving my gift wrap organizer I just HAD to go, and see it all in person.  I mean we were already in town hours before the game so it just made sense to go...right??

I was so in-the-moment that I didn't stop to take ANY pictures.  Plus I didn't want to be a creeper, but I did walk around aimlessly for 30 minutes while TA trailed behind asking "what exactly was I looking for"?.....That is not an easy question especially for an indecisive person like myself.  I almost blurted out "EVERYTHING"!!!

After soaking in every savory, organized square inch of the store I came out with these awesome items:


It doesn't look like a whole lot, but I was on a budget of $25, and were top priority from my wishlist. 

Now that winter is over (fingers crossed!!) I still keep my boots in the coat closet for the occasional rainy day, and needed the sticks (really it's a clip) to keep them standing upright.  And the baby blue is one of my favorite colors!!


I'm spending more time in the kitchen whipping up some awesome foods, but measurements have always given me trouble.  This handy lil' equivalent measuring chart is magnetic so not only can it be on the fridge I can stick it on the range while cooking so I don't mess up my masterpieces :-P.

The mini-measuring tape will live in my purse.  I don't always bring my project planner with me, but I will jot down a measurement in case I'm looking for something specific.  But again b/c I'm horrible with (estimating) measurements this will be a life-saver while shopping for the home.


  The tote was my #1 item on the list.  I have a little "starter kit" of craft supplies from all of the projects I've done thus far, and they've lived on the floor in my second bedroom.  No joke.  Yes I could have gone to Wal-Mart, Target, or even the Dollar Tree, but the nice things about the Smart Store is you can customize them to fit your needs.  With cups, trays, and other dividers they really can be a dream come true for whatever it is that needs to be organized.  


Now all of my craft supplies (for now) are in one space, and I can see everything in it!!


For this being a smaller size tote it is the perfect size for my little collection.  Obviously as time goes on, and more supplies are acquired I'll purchase the cups, and trays.  For now my little, organized heart is content with my craft supplies finally having a home.

I'm telling you now if you love anything, and everything that helps with organized (that is also stylish and budget-friendly), or haven't been to one already you definitely need to visit a store.  It will definitely take your breath away with how the merchandise is presented.  So clean, streamlined, and well, organized!!  I can't wait to make another trip!!  In instances like these I prefer brick-and-mortar shopping versus online shopping.  I love the instant gratification, and the whole shopping experience there!!

Have a good rest of the week, and stay Prudent my friends!!

*This post was in no way sponsored, nor was I compensated for it.  All opinions and content are my own*