10.21.2014

Touches of Fall

Hey all!! It's the most wonderful time of year again!! No, not Christmas (which is soon if you haven't noticed displays at some stores), but FALL!!! Beautiful and vibrant colored leaves, cooler temps, hoodies, and the obvious pumpkin-flavored/scented everything. It really is the best season...too bad it can't be year round. I'm sure most of us would love it!

Now that I have a bit more free time I've been in a nesting mode, and have gotten around to adding some fall decor in our living room. Nothing too extravagant since we are planning to move in a month! I'd hate to decorate all around, pack it then unpack, and re-decorate again. It's really not the decorating part that bothers me (duh), but packing/unpacking can be a major pain. Can I get an amen?!?!

On a recent trip to Michael's I picked up a crafting pumpkin, and a glittery-felt pumpkin for some extra bling. I'm a sucker for glittery fall goodness. The craft pumpkin turned into a polka-dotted success! 


The glittery one along with a rustic pumpkin, and a recent bday gift I made up this little vignette for the entertainment center. 


The bottle is an old wine bottle wrapped in twine. I had to attach the flower with some hot glue, and it's so cute! 


I picked up this awesome plate for very little at HomeGoods a few weeks ago. I am the walking definition of a girl who loves everything pumpkin. But I prefer Pumpkin Spice Fraps vs. The latte any day from Starbucks. 



As a parting gift a co-worker brought in this funky little votive candle holder. She now keeps a very watchful eye from the bookshelf...googly eyes and all!


Another shelf houses a very simple (and probably boring) vignette with a wreath, and a vase filled with autumn-tone glass beads. 


Last, but not least my lovely arrangement I made last year. With an ivory bow, and a spray painted vase (can you tell it used to be green?!) it pops more. Two more bday gifts snuck in and wanted to be a part of it this year ...the salt and pepper pumpkin shakers, and the fall motif plate. I'm really happy with how it looks. It's all tied in together color-wise which makese smile.


There you have it! Like I said nothing too dramatic just keeping it basic and simple. I may do some more fall-themed projects like a wreath which is high on my to-do list, and display some printables. For now I'll enjoy what I have, and soak up all of this glorious Fall-ness! Have a fantastic rest of the week!