2.02.2015

Room Revamp: Inspired by Art



Sometimes when my creative juices get flowing I like to play around on decor websites or Polyvore, and put together room or outfit ideas. Today's post is just that. I'm taking a small step away from focusing on my own space to play around with a made-up room. It's like playing dress up as a kid...it's fun to change things up, and being able to rejuvenate yourself!

The inspiration behind this room began with this beautiful blue-ish marble acrylic painting by Keith Pawlak found on Invaluable.com. It's an auction/estate sale website where you can bid on items like jewelry, home decor, art, and so much more. They have tons, and I mean tons of paintings to choose from, and new items are added daily. I'm more drawn to abstract/watercolor art, and this piece is just too gorgeous to turn away from.


With any room I try to pull colors from the artwork to build upon the color palette. I envisioned a lighter sofa color, and found this beauty. Keeps the room fresh, and airy which is needed since the art work is obviously the main focal point. (Target)


For some added pop of color, but staying within the blue color palette these lovely decorative pillows add some texture. I mean you can't help but to just curl up on them. (West Elm)


I'm a sucker for white marble, and immediately had to incorporate it within this room. This coffee table is too perfect to pass up, and definitely ties in with the painting. (West Elm)


For another texture element this rug almost matches perfectly against the marbles art. It really gives off the illusion that the art piece is continued throughout the space. (Joss & Main. Sorry for the bad screenshot!)


To break up the straight lines in the room these curved glass side tables really bring some  fun and funk to the room. They're kinda modern, but retro in one. (Target)

I really hope you like my "dress up" room!  Now that's it's college basketball season of course I had to use one of my favorite colors (Univ. of KY Blue) ;). All kidding aside this piece of art is amazing, and it combines some of my favorite colors with marble. Seriously how much better can it get? I may just have to bid on this!

Have a fabulous weekend, and stay prudent my friends!

*Affliate links used. Invaluable.com asked me to participate in a Room Inspired by Art project, and all opinions are my own.