10.01.2015

Happy October!

Hello friends, and Happy first day of October! I know the fall season technically started a few days ago, but the month of October has always signified that Fall has officially arrived. Or at least in my book. With pumpkin flavored EVERYTHING being EVERYWHERE, football, the onset of boots and flannel, and of course marching band season in full swing this is my absolute favorite time of the year. And maybe because it's my birthday month ;).  

With this new season I'm finding new inspiration, and the sense of a new beginning. The last few months have been very trying, and big changes have been made.  I don't post often (which is one task I want to improve in), and in all honesty I've been slacking a lot with blogging and creativity. Long story short, TA and I moved...to Greenville, North Carolina! Things got really rough during the summer, and it was time for a change of scenery and better opportunities. So far we've settled in quite nicely, but sadly we had to leave the majority of our belongings in storage back in Kentucky. Which means I'm not really able to decorate for Fall, and that's one of the biggest things I look most forward to in October. It really makes me sad (and maybe a smidge jealous) to see all of my friends and fellow bloggers "Fall-ify" their spaces, and I'm not really able to decorate my current living space since it's not really my space. However, I have a few ideas up my sleeve to satisfy my fall decorating craving which will hold me over until TA and I have our own space (which I'm praying is soon)! 

I can't wait see these colors!!

As far as my creativity flow goes (hey that rhymed!) it's been a constant battle between all of the ideas I have, but not able to act on them due to lack of space (living situation and storage). This probably makes my wallet sing, and really I can mold these ideas into exactly what I envision. Patience is not my strongest virtue, but dang it I'm trying!

In closing I'm really glad and happy I wrote this post. I've missed writing, and connecting with all 10 of my readers (ha!).  Blogging has always been a hobby, but the more and more I dwell on it I really would like to hopefully one day have it be my business. As they say dream big! I hope you all are having a fantastic day, and thank you for reading!

P.S. For those of you still wishing it was summer, here was my view from our second day back in NC. I think I may get used to seeing this more often!