12.17.2016

Product Empties



Using up what you already have!

Hello everyone! Long time, no see! I don't know what it is about the end of the year, but I'm always in a rush to get things done, or use items up. Maybe it's because the whole "new year, new you" mantra that seems to be the anthem for those wanting a fresh start. For me though, it's sifting through items that have accumulated throughout the year, and going through the re-gift/donate/purge process. Yes I have re-gifted items before, and for me it's a win-win-win...no extra money spent on a gift, someone else can enjoy it, and it's out of my sight. Win!

The last few weeks I have been going through my beauty items, and have realized there were too many things that are taking up space physically and mentally. Does anybody else feel cluttered when there's too much around? Just me? Okay... Basically I had items that I wasn't reaching for anymore, or had only used half of because I started using other items instead. I've compiled a list, and even shared a small collage on Instagram (see above).  

Peter Thomas Roth foaming cleanser ✔️
Peter Thomas Roth eye cream ✔️
Renew Intensive lotion ✔️
Melaleuca facial cleanser
Clinique moisturizer ✔️
Elf blush in "Tickled Pink"
Yankee Candle "Apple & Pumpkin Picking ✔️
Benefit Roller Lash mascara ✔️
Bath & Body Works hand sanitizer 
BBW Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin body mist (failed 🙁)
Victoria's Secret Tease body mist
Sei Bella clay face mask ✔️
Peppermint foot spray
B&BW Mahogany Teakwood lotion

There's a few of these I'm almost completely done with so let's see how much longer it takes to add more to the list of empties! I tried so hard to use up the BBW body mist, but there were days I forgot to put it on plus I still have it for next fall to use again. I'm terrible when it comes to fragrances/perfumes only because I just simply forget to put it on. Plus I won't have to worry about buying any next year! The majority of this stuff was gifted to me, but some were purchased. I'm pretty careful of what items I purchase that are "want" vs. "need". I have serious buyers remorse as it is which can be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it.  I'm anxious to see what items I get for Christmas because that will determine what existing items get pushed back already on the list. However, I'm not giving up on this challenge! 

Are there any products that you're close to finishing, or need to use up? I encourage you to go through whatever it is that is cluttering your life, and challenge yourself to do this! Trust me you'll feel much better knowing that a) you're not letting things go to waste, or b) those items won't be in the way anymore. I'd love to see your product empties! Until next time, stay prudent my friends!!